What to Expect...
What to expect... when you're buying or selling! This page provides a list of the things to expect as a buyer or selling in the real estate transaction.
- The offer we accept will be the one that is best for YOU and YOUR property. We'll work with you on every detail and make sure everything's covered, down to when closing should be and when possession will happen.
- There's a chance that the property won't appraise for what you're trying to sell it at.
- Showing agents may miss scheduled appointments, show up late and/or not show up.
- Showing agents feedback may not be prompt or complete, some will say the home is overpriced in their feedback.
- Some agents are in witness protection and will not return any phone calls for feedback or interest level no matter how many times I call or text.
- Some showings will last five minutes and some will last way longer.
- Agents and or prospective buyers are going to sit in your driveway or in front of your home to take photos of the house and/or yard.
- Expect low offers – it is a starting point. No need to take it personally.
- Remember, the price isn't the most important thing in the offer, we will review the COMPLETE offers together, every little bit matters!
- The buyers may lose their job or worse yet quit during the mortgage process so if we can secure a backup offer, we will!
- We may or may not receive multiple offers on your home and they may or may not come in until the very end of when we are requesting them.
- You may fall in love with your first house or 50th house - trust the process and your gut.
- You only pay the earnest money if your offer is accepted but this could happen as quickly as 2 days after your first tour if we find THE ONE.
- We determine most of the dates and deadlines in our offer including closing date, inspection dates and possession.
- There are costs to buying in addition to the offer price - make sure you discuss Closing costs with your lender to be prepared for these.
- Some Listing agents will not answer their phones and only respond to text. Some won’t even respond to text.
- Properties may be overpriced or underpriced, list price isn’t always super helpful.
- Assume we are being watched in every home we see - be careful what you say and do inside and outside the home.
- If time permits, try to see the home you are interested in writing on at different times of the day (morning, mid day, night) prior to writing so you get a feel for the home and surrounding area.